Monday 25 March 2013

Finished DPS


This is the final outcome of my magazine's DPS, which overall, I am rather pleased with. Taking NME's and Q's DPS's into consideration, I decided that the short story idea was a whole lot more professional than a standard interview. Plus, from receiving critical feedback that my interview was too short, this really brought on the idea of making it a lot longer and interesting.
In my opinion, it ties in with the theme of the overall magazine, using monochrome and red colours. The other additions to my DPS were firstly, the small borders across the bottom so it made it look more individual and spaced out properly. I added an enlarged quote on the top of the main image so it brought the image together without having too much black and white space.
I also added tour dates near the image of the vocalist and the music editor [myself and my friend, Robyn]. This was to join in with the ending of the interview, "see you on the tour, guys". It made sense to tie it all together.

No comments:

Post a Comment