Thursday 7 March 2013

One Further Correction on Front Cover



I received some critical feedback on the layout of my individual sell-lines on my front cover, saying that I should perhaps make them more spaced out, but still look all the same. So I done exactly that without changing the outlook too much, but I also added a smaller subheading below the band 'Foo Fighters'. I thought that this would be a good idea as one more tends to bring it all together, and uses the space that was just blank and doing nothing; I think it's better presented now.

As this is my finished front cover, I really feel as though my target audience should appeal to my magazine generally. It should catch their eye; maybe because of the simple yet original colour palette which I have used.
Remembering that my target audience is aimed at older teenagers to around people in their early thirties, I really feel as though this magazine cover has captured the feel of different artists and style in the music industry. I am aware that my artists featured here are different from one another; Linkin Park are usually deemed as nu-metal or rock, whereas Lana Del Rey has a unique and haunting voice, tying in with her vintage look... Then the fictional band, The Small Things, which I have created along with Ellie Rose herself are, in my opinion, a rather punk-rock type of artist. So on a whole, it may seem as though my genre of magazine is confusing to my target audience, yet I really do feel as though they would be capable of understanding that I wanted to create a magazine with difference and unique style. The artists which I have included all possess this; although some may be seen as mainstream, they're not generically made bands and solo artists in which have become famous overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment