Tuesday 30 October 2012

Costume Ideas


As part of my inspiration with my magazine photographs, I realised that I needed to tie in the outfits which the artist and other people in the magazine would wear, with the genre of my magazine. So going through my own clothing, I came across my own Topshop printed tee with "Music is my religion" quoted by Jimi Hendrix. The shirt is minimalistic; it ties in with my original theme that I want my audience to receive, plus it's not too eye-catching and is a subliminal detail which can cooperate with the artist's own visions on the music industry.
Secondly, I thought that denim shorts and/or a denim jacket would be suitable because they give off rather grungy, rock chic vibes, which at the same time, will attract the male audience because of the simplicity and 'worn' look.
A checker shirt would appeal further with my outfit idea, because it hints at masculinity, but in a way, gives off a laid-back and 'cool' vibe, so I will probably use my dark green H&M one, like the one shown.
Lastly, I wanted one of the people featured in my magazine to wear a band tee which ties in my own genre and style of magazine, so I've chosen a Guns N' Roses shirt as an idea/inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment