Wednesday 23 January 2013

Contents Page and Rationale


For now, I am going to move on to my contents page, where I have done a rationale featured above. Although there isn't a lot of depth and detail added to this particular rationale, I find that it's because I will gather more ideas along the way when creating this page for my magazine. First of all, I plan to have the Editor's Note in the top right-hand corner of the page, so it seems out of the way from my main features, but at the same time, I shall draw attention to it with an eye-catching word like "Hi!" for example, drawing in the attention of the reader. At this moment, I am drawn between having an editor's photograph in the left-hand corner or simply, like Kerrang, have the front cover of my magazine featured. I shall see which one goes better with my overall layout.

For my main feature in the magazine, which is the fictional rock star, Ellie Rose, featured on my front cover, I plan to make this either in the middle of the page or to the right, depending on which looks more professional and what will draw the reader's attention more thoroughly. To the left-hand side of this, I shall have my main contents area, telling the reader what shall be featured in my magazine. I intend to keep this black, and perhaps make some of the important features bold so they stand out.

I probably won't use the star effects now that I have taken the look of a retro theme for my overall magazine, but I may still use the features, like the competition for my reader's entertainment. The red background stands out against the rest of the page, and I thought that it gave it a finished look of professionalism without looking too over the top, and keeping the same colour scheme as my front cover.

Lastly, I still really like the idea of having a film-reel of three photographs for my magazine, as this again, ties in with the vintage feel I want to portray, so the Polaroid effect should give off a great similarity. On the bottom right-hand side too, I have added where my magazine can be located on the three most popular social networks of today; Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and I have came up with a fictional 'go-to' site for each.






No comments:

Post a Comment