Wednesday 24 April 2013

Evaluation Question Two

How does your media product represent particular social groups?


I've been inspired by Q and NME mostly with my magazine's outcome, especially with their colour palettes and the variety of artists featured within the magazines. What I am concentrating on here however, is the artist featured on my magazine's front cover. The differences of Cheryl Cole and Florence Welch are rather contrasting; one is a mainstream pop artist whereas the other delivers a powerful voice mixed with upbeat drums and alternative music. I have chosen Q as one of my inspirations due to this difference in which they always seem to give off to their audience in each issue. Although their poses are somewhat seductive, and my own in my magazine is laid-back and carefree, I still took on the idea of having a powerful image that should help to sell my magazine. My own image represents cool, carefree stances, that appeal to both genders through the powerful  pose of looking not too bothered, and at the same time, making eye contact directly at the audience brings in the portrayal of importance.


The poses shown tend to give off a hint of sexual feminism and power, representing a dominating and sensual womanly figure in the media. Their costumes and facial expressions deliver such aspects; they want to appear demeaning and mysterious. Q are inspirational for difference, so I've tried to take on the look of mystery too with my pose being a little carefree and barely showing a smile. Overall, my aim was to attract an audience who aren't girly; they have an edge, a difference and they like a variety of things; they don't live up to the media's 'perfect' expectations and they like being original in their style.

No comments:

Post a Comment