Friday 30 November 2012

Unwanted Draft of Magazine Cover

After choosing a suitable photograph for my magazine cover, I realised that this image would be suitable as the background had very similar colours which would be easier to edit out. So with doing so, I began to add text as well which tied in with my magazine rationale, and this I chose from dafont.com. The text I chose was something with a retro twist, which I found really blended well with the ‘Slam Dunk Festival’ logo. I downloaded this font into my texts on Photoshop so that I could use this whenever I want. I changed the colour to red so the colour was more applicable to my rationale as well. I done the same with the band’s name, and used the same font for subtle effect.
The last feature I added to this draft was the star icon on the masthead. I edited it to only have a small yellow glow around the outside of such, but I realised that it looked very unprofessional and didn’t really make my magazine look intended for an audience with a passion for rock, punk-pop music genres etc.
Overall, I don’t want to use this image, text or icon for my magazine cover, therefore I will try to find more suitable features that tie in with it even more.


TIME MANAGEMENT

From now, I know that I have to be quick and on task with my ideas; I can't simply mess around with some and then choose a random outcome that I may not like. From here, I am intending to focus fully on what makes a good magazine cover, and look at other images of my own which may come in useful for my final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment