Thursday 13 December 2012

First Draft of Magazine Cover

This is my first draft of my music magazine cover, and overall I am rather pleased with this outcome so far. I tried to make the draft as professional as possible with my knowledge of Photoshop and other elements, such as the good quality of the cover model image.
I've went for a look of originality; in my opinion the cover looks rather retro and this is the theme which should occur throughout my magazine. With this vintage style, I've made the text similar to that of Slam Dunk Festival's, like I said I may use in my mood board. The colour palette of the cover is basic, yet I think this adds to the more original and 'old' feel about it. The main colour of red has also been tied in with the border of the title as well as the cover model's lips, which gives the magazine a sense of sophistication without looking too over the top with too many colours going on all at once.
In general, I obviously plan to make this cover far better and professional than what it is, so with this, I plan to obtain more knowledge of Photoshop, perhaps test out different images as the cover model and try out different texts and font sizes to perfect it overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment